New Year, New Me!
Everyone always says that every year, but is it true? Are you going to stay the same, change, what? I decided at the beginning of this year that I was going to let go of these 10 things.
- Toxic People
- Regretting past mistakes
- Needing to be right
- Feeling sorry for yourself
- Negative talk
- Needing to impress others
- Limiting beliefs
- Needing to please everyone
- Gossiping and complaining
- Worrying about your future
- Toxic people are everywhere. School, grocery stores, malls, hospitals, churches, your home, parties, or anywhere. The way I am going to try to stay away from them and just pray for them because that is all that you can do. I think that you shouldn’t ignore them, but don’t fight with them because it’ll only make things worse.
- Regretting past mistakes keeps you in the past. Worrying about what you did and how you could’ve done things differently. Like me I kept bringing up things that ex boyfriends have done to me and it did use to affect my relationships until I found faith in god which I am very proud of.
- Needing to be right is something I do, but not as bad. I just don’t like being belittled, but who does? I think that everyone including myself needs to learn to turn the other cheek.
- Feeling sorry for yourself does nothing. It is a cry for either help or attention if that is the case talk to someone who could help. Trust me when I finally got help it is slowly changing my life for the better.
- Negative talk keeps you that way just plan negative and no one wants to be surrounded by negativity, because misery loves company and it is just very upsetting. When you hangout with people who are that way you become like those people and who wants to be negative their entire life?
- Needing to impress other is not the way to go about making friends. Your friends should like you for you and should be positive people who build you up and have faith in you not try to bring you down and lower your self-esteem.
- All I have to say about limiting beliefs is never do it. Always believe in yourself and have faith.
- Needing to please everyone is in the same boat as needing to impress others in my opinion you should never change who you are to make others like you.
- Gossiping and complaining is something we are all guilty of. We have talked about loved ones behind their back have talked about people we don’t even know behind their backs and sometimes to their faces which is all wrong. Complaining can be so annoying to everyone every people who complain.
- I worry about my future 24/7. Sometimes I cry because I feel like my life isn’t what I want it to be and I’m pushing 30. I must say god will indeed put you on the right track if you just have faith and believe that he has plans for you and that he loves you.
With all that being said, will you change your ways and follow god’s plans he has for you?